Need a healthy 2018 kick-start?
Here are ten reasons you can’t say no to fitness including better sex and looking younger.
- You will burn calories all day long – exercise burns calories whilst you are working out and builds muscles that burn calories even post-fitness when you are chilling out. .
- Stop the clock & look younger – exercise slows the aging process by keeping your heart, lungs and other organs healthy, your eyes and skin clear and your curves from heading South.
- Energy injection – exercise boosts energy levels ensuring you are better able to keep up with the demands of your career, family, social life and all other aspects of today’s busy lifestyle.
- Posture perfect – exercise helps you maintain good posture by balancing muscle groups and keeping your entire body strong and flexible. Avoiding the slump and hunch prevents aches and pains and keeps you younger looking too.
- Better sex – exercise improves blood flow to all parts of the body and it is not just men that can benefit from the increased delivery of blood cells to the nether regions.
- The sugar solution – exercise burns sugars and controls insulin making you better at fat burning and less prone to fat storing. Less sugar, means you are likely to be thinner. Plus controlled sugars and insulin levels means a healthy body weight and less chance of diabetes.
- Strong bones are happy bones – exercise promotes healthy bones delaying and even preventing the onset of osteoporosis. A calcium rich diet can help. But it is the tugging of the muscles on bones whilst you are exercising that is best for increasing bone density and their long term good health.
- Feed the soul – exercise enhances mood and self-esteem, giving you the immediate rush of endorphins as well as a longer term sense of wellbeing and confidence to take through life.
- Time out, lights out – exercise can distract you from whatever is on your mind as well as burning off stress hormones to help you relax and get a better night’s sleep.
- Meet and move – exercise can add a whole new social dimension to your life. From Zumba to bootcamp, races to group catch ups, friends to love interests, the possibilities are endless.
By Rachel Livingstone Personal Trainer & Owner of The Health Hub