Money is tight for a lot of people right now, so we have come up with some easy ways to have clear skin on a budget.
Having clear skin is something that many women strive for, but it can be expensive to buy all the latest skin care products.
If you’re on a budget, don’t stress – there are still plenty of ways to get clear skin without breaking the bank.
Here are some tips for clear skin on a budget:
- Wash your face twice a day. This is the most important step in any skin care routine. Use a gentle cleanser that is oil-free and non-comedogenic, which means it won’t clog your pores.
- Wash or change your pillow case 2-3 times a week. This ensures your skin does not absorb or take on unwanted bacteria during the night which can cause breakouts.
- Moisturise your face. Even if you have oily skin, you still need to moisturise. A good moisturiser will help to keep your skin hydrated and prevent it from producing too much oil.
- Avoid touching your face. Your fingers are full of bacteria, so it’s best to avoid touching your face throughout the day. If you do touch your face, be sure to wash your hands first.
- Wear sunscreen. Sunscreen is essential for protecting your skin from the sun’s harmful rays even in winter, especially here in Sydney. Look for a sunscreen that has an SPF of 30 or higher and is broad-spectrum, which means it protects against both UVA and UVB rays.
- Eat a healthy diet. What you eat can have a huge impact on your skin. Eating a healthy diet that is full of vegetables, protein and whole grains can help to improve your skin’s overall health. Reducing sugar can help a lot as can reducing alcohol consumption. Alcohol is a toxin that can negatively affect your skin casing breakouts and even premature ageing.
- Get enough sleep. When you’re sleep-deprived, your body produces more cortisol, which can lead to breakouts. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep each night
- Use chemist and supermarket products. There are plenty of great skin care products available at your local chemist that are just as effective as the more expensive brands. Use Bondi Beauty and the internet to do your research.
- Look for sales and coupons. Many chemists and supermarkets offer sales and coupons on skin care products, so be sure to keep an eye out for them before you buy anything.
- Make your own skin care products. There are many recipes available online for making your own skin care products. This is a great way to save money and customize your skin care routine and can be a lot of fun.
- Avoid using harsh soaps or cleansers. These can strip your skin of its natural oils, leading to dryness and breakouts.
- Use a gentle exfoliator once or twice a week. This will help to remove dead skin cells and keep your pores clean.
- If you have acne, see a dermatologist. They can prescribe medication that can help to clear up your skin.
Following these tips can help you to get clear skin on a budget. With a little effort, you can have the skin you’ve always wanted.