The success hack that is simple, easy to implement, and will change much of your life as soon as you adopt it.
There is one simple way to approach the rest of the year no matter what success you are trying to achieve, and that is by doing the opposite of what everyone else is doing.
Sounds too simple, right? But in my opinion, this is one of the quickest and easiest way to move forwards, as it is not only about the action you are taking, but about the mindset change you are adopting. And you can apply it to anything from investment to your daily mindset, your business plan, travel, study and so on.
Human beings have a habit of following the herd. Even if you look at your own friendship group, you will see that this is true; someone buys a particular brand of clothing, and before long, everyone in the group has something from that brand. Someone gets botox, everyone soon has botox.
Celebrity trends can influence our herd mentality to “do what they do” so we feel powerful, on trend, included. But in the end, this type of behaviour does not drive our life forwards.
And if you look at global success leaders, they set the trends, they don’t follow them. Changing your habits and making your own decisions is the very first step to massive success.
Here are some super simple ways and examples of how you can buck the trends, go against the grain and start going your own way. The premise is look at what everyone else is doing, and do the opposite.
- When they sleep in, you wake up; rising early is a no brainer
- If everyone is wearing a matte red lip, go for a natural gloss or focus on your eye makeup
- When everyone steps back, you step up – this can apply to many things from procrastination to flying interstate and not being afraid of boarder closures.
- If everyone is buying houses, look at buying a unit
- When everyone is complaining about something, re-angle the conversation and find a positive. There is always one to be found.
- Do your own research; but consider buying shares no-one wants right now, forget about the ones everyone is grabbing as the moment for those has likely already passed.
- When everyone quits, be the one who persists
- When everyone around you is overthinking, stop thinking and take action
A lot of people around me are asking for life hacks right now, and this is one that works for me.