Boost your immune system overnight with these re-energising essentials that alleviate symptoms so you can avoid illness this winter.
Winter is here and so is the dreaded cold and flu season. If we have learned anything over the last eighteen months, it’s the important of the immune system and learning how you can boost your immune system to stay safe and healthy this winter.
New research polling 1,000+ Australians revealed, the majority (approximately 63%) of Aussies are concerned about their immune system health. 83.2% said they could be doing more to help boost their body’s immune defences.
According to Harvard Health there are some natural ways to help boost the body’s natural defences this cold and flu season, they are:
- Maintain social distancing where possible: especially when you are in busy areas, like train stations and supermarkets.
- Wash your hands frequently: Though this won’t help fight off viruses, this will help remove bacteria from the hands, which can result in bacteria infections in the throat and nose which have been linked to colds.
- Exercise regularly: Exercise has proven to assist with keeping the body strong to help fight against colds and flus and it circulated blood and oxygen throughout the body which helps support immune health.
- Get enough sleep: Sleep is when the body heals so it’s important to always make sure you get enough. When yo don’t sleep, your immune system weakens.
- Eat a balanced diet of fruits and vegetables: Loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals which help boost the immune system, eating a variety of diet which includes veggies and fruits ensures a healthy immune system.
- Take a daily vitamin: Consider taking a vitamin and mineral supplement, such as Redoxon, to help maintain immune system health all year round
Redoxon RRP: $15,00 for 30 tablets
This effervescent tablet supports your immune system, by combining vitamins C, D and Zinc. In either an orange or blackcurrant flavour, this is literally the easiest, and most affordable way to boost your immune system daily.
Whether you’re currently lying amongst an abundance of tissues or simply want to avoid any form of cold and flu, there are simple ways to support your body. These additional four essentials will help to boost your immune system.
ECO’s quality essential oils help relieve the body of illness and clear sinuses. These three natural oils sold as a trio includes E OF Eucalyptus, Sinus Clear Blend which contains Citrus paradisi (Grapefruit) peel oil, Cymbopogon schoenanthus (Lemongrass) oil, Citrus aurantifolia (Lime), Mentha arvensis (Peppermint) oil, and Tea Tree which is made from Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) oil.
Add a drop of the Sinus Clear Blend underneath your pillow or rub on your chest to decongest sinuses before you sleep. For a fever, use a cold compress, infused with clarifying eucalyptus. Alternatively, place either of them in an essential oil diffuser to purify your home to help prevent illness.
Orchard St. Immunity is carefully formulated to provide powerful herbal protection against germs and bacteria with this traditionally purifying blend of Gubinge, Cat’s Claw, Rehmannia, Camu Camu, Pau d’Arco and Echinacea. It’s Australian made and owned and completely vegan.
To consume, brew with hot tea or place a teaspoon in your morning coffee to create a natural immunity boosting tonic. Ideal for preventing illness, or to strengthen your body through sickness.
Raw Essentials was launched by Janet Roach,
Founder and Certified Tea Master more than eight years ago. All her teas have been expertly crafted and designed to stabilise the body, both physically and mentally, through the use of unique herbs sourced both globally and from Australia.
The tea’s natural ingredients address different concerns and needs including immunity boosting, by blending antioxidant rich ingredients. Her immune tea is formulated with immunity in mind. It includes a specialised Tulsi herb commonly known as holy basil, and is known world wide for it’s assistance to aid in reducing fatigue, and Astragalus Root, which is a traditional Chinese medicine known to help eliminate cold and flu symptoms. The tea also includes ginger root which is a powerful antioxidant.
Echinacea is an ancient herb known globally for its immune boosting qualities. Research shows it increases the number of white blood cells, which fight infections. A review of more than a dozen studies, published in 2014, found the herbal remedy had a very slight benefit in preventing colds.
As a dietary supplement take 1 mL (28 drops) three (3) times a day in a small amount of water. May double the frequency for 2 days maximum to help elliviate the symptoms of a cold or flu, or take daily as a preventative.