By Sylvia Lee
We spoke to Philips HairCare Ambassador and internationally-renowned hair guru Lizzie Liros for some insider advice on getting your hair ready for the Oscars.
Having worked with celebs like John Travolta, Kelly Preston and Kylie Minogue, and fashion brands including Alex Perry and Carla Zampatti, Lizzie Liros, Australia’s #1 Bridal Hairstylist from 2008 to 2014, shares her exclusive insider tips for outshining the celebs with your Oscars-ready hair.
• No longer than 30 minutes for a mask — otherwise you can cause damage.
• Put a cap over the mask and sit outside in the sun — the heat will let the mask penetrate into your hair.
• For those with fine and oily hair, use a volumising shampoo.
• Heat protection is important for anyone using tools, however it’s even more important for preventing breakage.
• If you notice your hair is slowing down in length, it’s often due to the ends suffering from heat damage.
• Remember, not everyone needs heat. If you don’t use a blow dryer, you might just need a wash-and-wear product.
• For fine hair, I always recommend volumising shampoo and conditioner.
• For curly hair, look at using a curl enhancer cream in damp locks and leave to set naturally.
• Most of all, ensure you talk to your hairdresser about your lifestyle and how to manage the style they create for you.
Head to Philips HairCare for the products that will help you outshine the stars at the Oscars.
Copyright © 2020 Bondi Beauty, All Rights Reserved.