Rowing offers so many benefits for women, it could just be the best sport for you to take up this summer.
Rowing is a great sport for women of all ages and fitness levels.
It is a low-impact activity that is easy on the joints, yet it still provides a great workout. Studies show it reduces anxiety and stress. According to a study by the University of Sydney, rowing can help reduce stress levels by up to 40%.
Rowing can help women to improve cardiovascular health, strength, and endurance. It can also help to reduce stress and improve mental health, plus it is a lot of fun and can be done in a group as a team sport, creating a fantastic community vibe. A survey by the Australian Rowing Federation found that 80% of women who row say that it has helped them to make new friends.
Physical Benefits of Rowing for Women
- Cardiovascular health: Rowing is a great way to improve cardiovascular health as it raises the heart rate quickly. It helps strengthen the heart and lungs, and can also help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- A better (summer) body fast: Rowing builds up muscles quickly, and because there is so much to think about other than your fitness, you get fit without really trying or noticing. Rowing is a full body workout too, so every aspect of the body is toned.
- Strength: Rowing can help women build strength in their arms, back, legs, and core. This can help to improve posture and reduce the risk of injuries.
- Endurance: Rowing is a great way to improve endurance. It helps women to build stamina to work out for longer periods of time.
- Weight loss: Rowing can help women to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. It is a high calorie-burning activity that can help boost the metabolism.
- Bone health: Rowing is a weight-bearing activity that can help improve bone health. This is especially important for women as they get older, as they are more likely to develop osteoporosis.
Mental Health Benefits of Rowing for Women
- Reduced stress: Rowing can help to reduce stress and anxiety. The rhythmic motion of rowing can be very calming and meditative, and the fresh air and sunlight is an added bonus for the mind. A study by the University of Melbourne found that rowing can improve mood and self-esteem in women
- Improved mood: Rowing can help to improve the mood and boost self-esteem. It is a great way to relieve stress and clear the mind, as you have to be focussed when rowing.
- Increased confidence: Rowing can help increase confidence and self-esteem. It is a challenging activity that requires focus and determination. When women achieve their goals in rowing, it can give them a sense of accomplishment that can carry over into other areas of their lives. If done in a team this can be an even bigger boost to self esteem.
- Social benefits: Rowing is a social activity that can help women to connect with other like minded women. It is a great way to make new friends and build relationships.
Where To Row in Australia
Rowing is a popular sport in Australia, with many clubs and organisations offering programs for women of all ages and abilities. The Australian Rowing Team has won numerous medals at international competitions, including the Olympic Games and the World Championships.
Rowing is a great sport for women of all ages and fitness levels. It is a low-impact activity that is easy on the joints, yet it still provides a great workout. Rowing can help women to improve their physical and mental health, and it can also provide social benefits. If you are looking for a sport that is challenging, rewarding, and fun, then rowing is a great option for you.