TikTok has become the new hottest place to find easy yet delicious lunch recipes.
Whether it be an on-the-go lunch, or at home day off meal, these recipes have been tried and tested by many others and are a nice change from the normal lunches.
With the original TikTok by Emily Meriko gaining nearly 35 million views, the salmon rice bowl has become one of TikTok’s hottest sensations.
This meal can be made in under 10 minutes and packed for a quick on-the-go lunch.
To add colour or more texture to the meal, sprinkle spring onions or sesame seeds on top, or serve with a side of Kimchi.
- Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Sriracha Chilli Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Mash up a piece of cooked salmon using a fork.
- Pour rice on top of the salmon.
- Put an ice cube in the middle of the rice (this is to add moisture to the rice and prevent it from drying out).
- Place a sheet of baking paper over the rice and squeeze the rice together.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Take it out of the microwave and remove the ice cube.
- Pour soy sauce, Sriracha chilli sauce, and mayonnaise over the rice.
- Mix until fully combined.
- Serve with avocado and seaweed.
This crispy crunchy lunch idea by Cooking With Ayeh is perfect as a quick yet delicious meal.
With the original TikTok gaining over 4 million views, these rice paper dumplings are vegan friendly. It is a clash between the Asian methods of wrapping dumplings and spring rolls.
- 20 Rice Paper Sheets
- 180g firm tofu
- 200g mushrooms
- 2 carrots
- ¼ of a green cabbage
- 2 spring onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Shred the carrots and cabbage finely and dice the mushrooms and garlic into small cubes.
- Sauté mushrooms in a large pan with oil and once brown, add the vegetables and tofu. When half cooked and starting to soften, season and grate in some ginger.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil, stir and then take off the heat. Stir in chopped spring onions and set aside.
- Set up a wrapping station with a tray of water, wet chopping board /damp clean towel to wrap the dumplings on.
- Dip a rice paper in the water for a few seconds and place on the damp surface.
- Add a spoonful of the mixture and fold.
- To fold: start at the bottom and fold the rice paper over the filling. Then fold the top of the sheet downwards and fold the two sides in. you should be left with a rectangle shape.
- Double wrap each dumpling in a second rice paper sheet for extra crunch and to hold the filling together.
- Repeat until all the filling is finished.
- Pan fry the dumplings for a few minutes on each side until it is lightly golden.
- Serve with a dipping sauce.
Lizzo, American singer, songwriter and wrapper has taken to TikTok in recent months to share her twist on Ricotta toast and has made it a must-try light snack around lunch time.
NOTE – ingredients for the ricotta toast are not limited to the ingredients list. Get creative – here are some other toppings suggestions: avocado, honey, pumpkin seeds, radish. The possibilities are endless.
- Toast or any crusty bread (Sourdough works too)
- Vegan ricotta
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of rocket
- Olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- Toast your bread slices.
- Combine olive oil and cherry tomatoes in a pan and fry until soft and golden.
- Add salt to the tomatoes.
- Spread any brand of vegan ricotta onto the toast.
- Layer rocket leaves and roasted tomatoes onto the bread (this is where you can add any extra ingredients you wish).
- Sprinkle a pinch of pepper on top.
It goes without saying that the air fryer has been a widely enjoyed craze lately, making cooking easier and quicker.
Straying away from the traditional air fryer recipes, air fried Baybel cheese is the next best thing from mozzarella sticks.
Ideal as a quick lunch option, this delicious meal can be made in under 20 minutes.
- 12 pieces of Baybel cheese
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup flour
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper / chilli flakes (optional)
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 eggs
- Marinara sauce
- Unwrap each Baybel cheese – remove both the wrapping and the wax.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, cayenne pepper, granulated garlic and parsley flakes and mix well.
- Dip the Baybel cheese in the flour and tap off any excess.
- Dip the Baybel cheese into the eggs.
- Coat the cheese well in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Drench back into the egg mixture and coat it once more in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Repeat and coat each Baybel cheese.
- Spray the base of the air fryer with non-stick cooking spray (Avocado oil can also be used).
- Air fry at 200 degrees Celsius for 5 minutes.
- Serve with marinara sauce.
This meal is perfect for packed lunches and can be made simply with a sandwich press.
The ingredients for this recipe may vary, but here are some examples of toppings that can be used.
- Minced meat
- Start with a large tortilla and slice halfway down the middle of the wrap.
- Starting at the bottom right corner of the wrap, add one topping and fill in that corner of the wrap.
- Moving anti-clockwise, add another topping in the top right corner of the wrap.
- Continue until the tortilla is filled with four different toppings.
- From the bottom right corner, fold it upwards, then fold left, and lastly, fold it down.
- Move it to a heated skillet or sandwich press and press the quesadilla until it is warm and crunchy.
NOTE – Again, with this recipe, the possibilities are endless. Some have taken to TikTok to share the different variations of this folded quesadilla recipe. An example of this is the folded sushi wrap which uses the same method but incorporates sushi-style ingredients such as rice and avocado, all wrapped in seaweed paper.