There are many positives of fitness and exercise, and many of them are little known benefits including better sex.
Exercise is one of the best things you can do for your health, but many of us don’t focus on the multiple fitness benefits to many other aspects of our day to day lives.
- Improved Concentration: In a study from the University of Illinois, people who exercised regularly had higher levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), which has been linked to improved memory and higher levels of concentration.
2. Reduced Pain: Fitness also increases energy levels by releasing endorphins in our brains – these are natural painkillers that make us feel good when we exercise and take our focus off any pain we are feeling.
3. Energy Increase: It may sound counter intuitive, but exercise increases energy levels and if done in the morning can increase energy throughout the day. So if you’re feeling tired or stressed, try going for a run or doing some yoga instead.
4. Reduces bad habits such as alcohol consumption: Increased exercise can help lower your stress levels which will make you less likely to turn to unhealthy coping mechanisms like overeating or drinking alcohol.
5 Increased Confidence: Exercise increases our level of confidence and even self worth. The combination of toning up and committing to the promises we make to ourself to exercise 3 times a week or whatever we commit to greatly increases our sense of self worth.
6. Better Sex: When stress levels fall combined with an increase in body confidence, we are more likely to have an increase in libido.
7. Better Relationships: When we feel good about ourselves, we are more likely to feel good about other people. Those closest to us are the beneficiaries of this as we tend to be a nicer person and easier to live with.
8. Increased Productivity: All of the above fitness benefits can combine to help us increase productivity at work and even at home as we have more energy, less stress and a greater desire to get things done more efficiently.