The more I travel, the more I realise what diverse, and mostly healthy food is on offer in Sydney.
Putting price to one side (eating out here in Sydney is more expensive than most major cities in the world at the moment), Sydney has some seriously good food, as well as a whole load of venues that are a lot of fun.
These are the venues I keep going back to:
2) Catalina; Definitely a favourite location for a special occasion lunch. The view is stunning, the oysters are great, and the resident pelican on the balcony is entertaining. Great on Sundays when it is packed, and the people watching is off the charts, but also good on a weekday when it is much quieter.
3) Bambini Trust: I have been eating – and drinking – here for over 20 years, as I worked at Bauer magazines next door for some years. I never tire of the white tablecloths, excellent service and Italian dishes to die for. The champagne bar next door is brilliant for meetings at any time of the day – or night, and you never know who you will run into. The spaghetti bolognaise is one of the best in Sydney, but I favour the daily specials.
For a European experience
4) Chiswick: Chef Matt Moran has created a gorgeous venue overlooking the lawns in leafy Woollahra. The typically Australian menu of roast lamb, fish dishes and leafy vegetables is clean and healthy. Such a great spot for a girl’s lunch, and I love a drink and a bite at the high tables with my twins.
For the garden and for family
5) Apollo: This sexy little spot is best on a Friday night sitting at the bar with someone you’re into. The Greek food on offer is a touch too Australian for my liking, and I wish they would add fried calamari to the menu, but I’m being difficult saying that as the food is always fresh, wholesome and tasty. Awesome cocktails too, and great service.
For a sophisticated, great night out
6) Atavola: The original restaurant in Darlinghurst in this ever growing empire is still my favourite. Sitting out the back or at the share table at the front is the perfect place to forget about life for a while and enjoy the very best home made Italian food and gorgeous service.
For an indulgent Italian meal.
7) Bar Reggio:This hole in the wall Italian eatery in Darlinghurst is a family favourite, where they serve great pizza, and pasta and a host of excellent no carb meals including fresh fish, and red meat options. It’s BYO only. Great value for money.
For a cheap but fabulous meal
8) Christo’s, Five Ways, Paddington: My children love this local pizza place where dough is brought out for them to shape before dinner, you can BYO and the pasta and pizza is always excellent. Super value for money.
9) The Restaurant Pendolino: There is something overtly sexy about this Italian restaurant in the city. Hard to belie it is located in a shopping arcade, as the feel is smouldering, and the food is excellent. I never tire of white tablecloths, a great glass of wine and great food.
For fabulous Italian food
Copyright © 2019 Bondi Beauty, All Rights Reserved.