Women too often look at the scales to tell them how they are doing with their health, fitness and body shape goals. But, the number on the scales isn’t the only benefit from a commitment to fitness.
A number of kilos can only tell you how much you weigh. Check out these markers of change for a more accurate picture of how you are really doing, from your waist and thigh size, to your mental well-being.
Here’s eleven inspirational ways to prove your fitness goals are really paying off.
1) You are behind schedule one day so you run for the bus and take the stairs 2 at a time – and find you are not even out of breath
2) Realising you would be eating out of habit or boredom, not out of hunger or for how a specific food tastes – you say ‘no’ to that cookie with your cup of tea
3) Wearing your favourite skinny jeans out to dinner – you don’t struggle to get into them and you don’t have to undo a button by the end of the night
4) It’s been a long, stressful day and it’s raining – yet you don’t even consider skipping your gym session, in favour of the couch
5) At a general health check up your doctor remarks – your cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugars are lower than in your last tests
6) You get to what would usually be the end of a set in your resistance training routine – and realise you need to increase the reps or weight because it just wasn’t that hard
7) Catching sight of your butt naked rear view in the bathroom mirror – you think ‘not bad, not bad at all’
8) It’s ‘one of those days’ at work when everything seems to be going wrong – but you find yourself acting calmly, philosophically and simply sorting things out
9) People make comments like ‘have you lost weight?’ ‘You look so different!’ – because you really are smaller and more toned and it’s noticeable
10) Instead of daily life being a chore that leaves you depleted by mid- afternoon – you feel energised and eager to fit more of life in.
11) Maybe even do a Tough Mudder event…
These little victories all indicate that you are changing. They show increased strength, fitness, health, motivation, energy, resilience, self-love, self-discipline, a better body image and yes, also fat loss. Every one of them should be celebrated.
By Rachel Livingstone Personal Trainer & Owner of The Health Hub.
Copyright © 2020 Bondi Beauty, All Rights Reserved.