The Easiest Homemade Gnocchi You’ll Ever Make
By Claudia Remedios
If you’re a gnocchi lover then this recipe is for you. Quick, simple and absolutely delicious.
Most gnocchi that’s served in restaurants is potato-based, which requires a lot of effort and time in the kitchen.
This ricotta-based dish is great when entertaining as it doesn’t require much preparation and always impresses guests.
500g Fresh ricotta (cold)
150g Fresh grated Parmesan
1 Egg, beaten
150g Plain flour (sifted)
50 grams butter
2 tab extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 cup fresh peas
¼ cup water
¼ cup picked mint leaves
½ cup picked basil leaves
1 cup roughly chopped parsley
¼ cup grated pecorino cheese
- Mash the ricotta with a fork; add the egg, flour & Parmesan and chives.
- Using a fork, then your hands, mix until dough forms, the mixture will be very soft, so be very gentle.
- On a flour dusted bench
- Roll into logs, the diameter of a 10cent piece, cut into 2 cm knobs.
- To cook the gnocchi, gently place into salted boiling water; stir very gently with a wooden spoon, when they rise to the surface (approx 1 to 2 min) they are cooked
- In a pan gently heat the butter and oil, add the garlic and stir for a few minutes until the garlic softens
- Add the peas and water and turn up the heat until the peas are cooked and the water has evaporated
- Add the herbs, gnocchi, salt and pepper to taste
- Add the cooked gnocchi
- Taste then season
- And serve with fresh grated parmesan
Copyright © 2020 Bondi Beauty, All Rights Reserved.