Must Try: Simple Ham, Cheese and Capsicum Savoury Muffins
By Tiffiny Hall
Tired of having carrot sticks as your afternoon snack? Try this simple and easy recipe to make healthy ham, cheese and capsicum savoury muffins.
Muffins have had a bad rep in the past, but there are ways to make them tasty and super healthy. These savoury muffins are simple and easy to make, and one of the healthiest muffin recipes around.
Prep: 10 mins Cook: 25 mins
- 1 small capsicum, deseeded and diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 200g ham, diced
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg
- 1-cup milk
- 250g unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 12-hole muffin tray with squares of baking paper.
- Mix vegetables, cheese (except for 2 tbs), ham and flour in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk egg, milk and melted butter together.
- Make a small well in the dry mixture and slowly add wet ingredients. Stir until just combined, don’t overmix! (If the mixture is too dry, add a dash of milk.)
- Spoon mixture into prepared tray and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Copyright © 2020 Bondi Beauty, All Rights Reserved.