This easy to make vegan Tiramisu dessert for Christmas will be so popular, you’ll need to make sure you make extra for seconds.
Mindfully’s Jessica and Califia Farms collaborated to give you this incredible cherry filled dessert for Christmas. The recipe makes approximately 3-4 wine glass sized servings.
Ingredients for the Cake
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup sugar (Jess used half raw sugar, half coconut sugar)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup Califia Farms XX Espresso (a new milk drink in your supermarket fridge)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Grease your cake tin with coconut oil, I used a 20cm round tin.
- Whisk together the flour, cornflour, baking powder, bicarb soda, and sea salt into a large bowl, set aside.
- Add the sugar, melted coconut oil, Califia Farms XX Espresso and vanilla to a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine. Take care to not over mix. Pour the mixture into your cake tin. Place in the oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.
Here’s how to create the dessert
- Califia Farms XX Espresso
- 1 can Coconut Whipping Cream, chilled (or a can of Full Fat Coconut Cream refrigerated for 24 hours prior).
- 1/3 cup Cherry Compote or Cherry Jam
- Fresh Cherries, pitted (approx 500g)
- Dark Chocolate, shaved
- Cut the cake into circles the size of your serving glasses, set the excess cake aside.
- Whip the coconut cream with handheld beaters. If using Full Fat Coconut Cream, scrape only the solid part from the top of the chilled can and discard the water before whipping.
- Place the cake into the base of each glass.
- Pour 2 tbsp of Califia Farms XX Espresso into each glass, infusing the cake.
- Gently spoon in a layer of whipped coconut cream to each, then arrange halved pitted cherries around the outside of the glass.
- Take the excess cake and crumble it into a bowl, pour 2-3 tablespoons of Califia Farms XX Espresso into the bowl and mix well. Place a couple of spoonfuls of this into the trifle glasses. Top with cherry compote or cherry jam and dollop or pipe any additional coconut cream. Finish with shavings of dark chocolate. Enjoy!
Tip: If cherries aren’t in season where you are, feel free to replace with any in season fruit. This recipe makes enough for 3-4 wine glass sized servings, but you can make smaller servings if you wish – especially if they’re being served after a Christmas feast!
Jessica Thomson is an Australian food influencer and mother of two. Follow her Instagram here: @mindfullyjessica
“Trifle is a great dessert during the festive season (or any time you feel in the mood!) and Califia Farms XX Espresso Cold Brew Coffee is the perfect ingredient to make a delicious plant-based tiramisu version.
A perfect dessert for the holidays. It’s a healthier spin on the classic dessert ‘Tiramisu’. It’s vegan friendly, dairy free, egg free and can be made gluten free by using a gluten free baking blend flour. This festive dessert will be a hit with everyone, with a low sugar, low fat cake layer which is infused with Califia XX Espresso Cold Brew Coffee with Almond, a whipped coconut cream layer, fresh cherries, cherry compote & chocolate shavings.
For more details on Califia Farms visit: califiafarms.com.au or head to @califiafarms / #califiafarmsau