Looking for a chocolate treat this Christmas, that’s actually good for you?
Sydney based Dietician and Nutritionist, Caroline Trickey, shares a delicious Gluten-Free Chocolate truffle recipe:
This recipe makes 12 truffles
- 8 of The Food Crafters cookies (12-pack mini cookies) (foodcrafters.com.au)
- 1 ½ tablespoons your choice of liquid – Baileys, Malibu, orange juice, coconut cream etc.
- Optional – orange zest (recommended for Jaffa version)
- Dark chocolate, melted
- Raw cacao powder
- Desiccated coconut
- Ground nuts of choice – our favourite is pistachios!
- Ground ginger
- Crumble up eight Food Crafters cookies of choice into bowl of food processor
- Add liquid of choice and zest if using
- Process for a few seconds or until completely combined
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out mix and roll into balls
- Roll in choice of garnish
Recommended combos –
- Jaffa – Raw cacao cookies with orange juice and orange zest – roll in melted chocolate and decorate with extra orange zest
- Ginger and Date cookie with orange zest – roll in a mixture of raw cacao powder and powdered ginger (1 tbsp. cacao powder + ½ tsp ground ginger)
- Double coconut cookies with coconut cream – roll in desiccated coconut