There is nothing like a bowl of homemade quick pea and ham soup to warm up your winter nights.
Founder of TIFFXO, an online health and fitness program and former Biggest Loser coach, Tiffiny Hall shares a healthy and delicious soup recipe that you need to try this winter.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 100g leg ham, diced
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tbs Greek yoghurt, to serve
- 2 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- Heat oil and ham in a large saucepan over medium and cook for a few minutes, until just brown, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion, carrot and garlic to a pan and saute for 5 minutes. Add thyme and cook for another minute.
- Add peas and stock, bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until peas are soft. Adjust seasonings.
- Blend with a stick blender until smooth and stir through ham.
- Divide soup between two bowls, top with yoghurt and serve with toast.
For more information on TIFFXO, head over to www.tiffxo.com