Tiffiny Hall shares a mouthwatering and simple paleo mushroom burger recipe with sweet potato fries.
Who doesn’t love a burger, but for paleos, finding the right vegetable to wrap around the meat can be a challenge.
In this simple but super healthy recipe, mushrooms replace the bun – which actually tastes great, and teamed with sweet potato, it is a perfect paleo and low GI meal.
1 small sweet potato, cut into fries
1 tbs olive oil
250g beef mince
2 tsp mustard
4 Portobello or large mushrooms
Salt & pepper
1 onion finely sliced
2 slices tasty cheese
2 cos lettuce leaves
1 small tomato, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray. Toss sweet potato fries with half the oil, season with salt & pepper and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked and browned slightly.Meanwhile, in a bowl mix together beef and mustard and shape into 2 patties.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and grill mushrooms for a couple of minutes both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- Add onion and sauté until brown, then push to one side while you cook beef patties, a few minutes on each side until cooked.
- Add cheese slices to patties until almost melted. Remove from heat.
- Using the mushrooms as buns, layer beef patties with tomato and lettuce and serve with sweet potato fries.