Sydney based Dietician and Nutritionist Caroline Trickey has created an amazing Christmas Log Cake recipe, that’s gluten-free. Yes, Gluten-free. Yum
This recipe serves 12-24
- 1kg ricotta cheese
- 12 large Raw Cacao Food Crafters cookies (50g) (foodcrafters.com.au)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Zest of one orange
- Use an electric beater to beat the ricotta, syrup and orange zest in a bowl until well combined. (Note: this can be done up to two days ahead and stored in fridge)
- Spread a little of the ricotta mixture along a serving platter to make the base.
- Spread one cookie with ricotta mixture. Place another biscuit on top to sandwich together.
- Do this until you have six pairs.
- Spread one of these biscuit ‘sandwiches’ with ricotta. Stand up it up on the serving platter and join on another of the biscuit ‘sandwiches’ to start forming a log.
- Repeat by getting another sandwich, spread with ricotta ‘cream’ and join it to the log until you have used all of the sandwich pairs.
- Spread the remaining ricotta mixture over biscuit log to cover. Place in the fridge for minimum of 6 hours to set.
- Decorate as you like – we recommend fresh raspberries and blueberries.
- To serve slice the cake so that each slice gets one cookie, along with plenty of the ricotta ‘cream’.
TIP: To make a smaller log use a 12-pack of The Food Crafters Raw Cacao mini cookies. Halve the ingredients and follow directions as per above.